Hi, my name is Zafeirakis Zafeirakopoulos and I am a mathematician spending most of my time designing or implementing algorithms.
I hold a Ptychion (4-year degree) in Mathematics
and an MSc. in Computational Science from the University of Athens.
I was awarded a PhD from the Johannes Kepler University in Linz,
under the supervision of Prof. Paule
in the Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC).
After holding post-doctoral positions at RISC
advised by Prof. Peter Paule , at ΕρΓΑ advised by
Prof. Ioannis Emiris
and at Galatasaray University advised by Prof. Meral Tosun,
I am currently an assistant professor at the Institute of Information Technologies at Gebze Technical University.
My full CV is available here.
- Looking for master's students interested to work in Symbolic Computation and related areas.
- Here is the application
for the master's program.
- Contact me before the interviews.
- Looking for students interested in working with Polytope Volumes in the frame of a BAP project.
News and Upcoming Events
- 25th Romanian Math Summer School, Bucharest, Romania
- Turkish-Romanian Math Workshop, Galatasaray University
- MACIS, Vienna, Austria, 2017
- GTU internal "Theory Workshop", July 5, 2017
Recent Events (since 2016)
- Antalya Algebra Days, Nesin Math Village, May 17-21, 2017
- Seminar talk @ Math dept, Ege University, May 15, 2017
- Seminar talk @ Math dept, Sabanci University, May 10, 2017
- September 2016: BAP project BAP "VOLUMES-Parallel Computation of Discrete and Continuous Volume" started
- Graphs workshop, 7-11 November, 2016, Boshporus University, Istanbul, Turkey
- AIM workshop: Polyhedral geometry and partition theory, 7-11 November, 2016, San Jose, USA
- Invited to attend the RIMS Workshop on “Computational Commutative Algebra and Convex Polytopes”, 1-5 August 2016, Kyoto, Japan
- Invited talk at RIMS Workshop on “Algebraic Statistics and Symbolic Computation”, 25-29 July 2016, Kyoto, Japan
- Contributed talk at the “3rd Istanbul Design Theory, Graph Theory and Combinatorics Workshop”, 13-17 June 2016, Ko ̧c University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Invited talk at the international conference “Algebra, Geometry and Topology of Singularities”, 9-13 May 2016, Galatasaray University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Symbolic Computation
- Accelerated computing (GPU and Xeon Phi)
- Linear Diophantine Systems
- Polyhedral Geometry
- Algebraic Combinatorics
I am currently the PI of three projects. Two funded by the Turkish National Research Council
and one from the Researc hFund of Gebze Technical University.
For more details check the page of the group or
of the projects:
For more details check the page of the group.
I was involved in the organization if the following workshops/conferences
I have been the referee for the following journals
Places I gave a talk
I am teaching graduate and undergraduate course in the Computer Engineering
department of Gebze Technical University. In particular I taught: